Tomato circle

Tomato circle

Friday, January 13, 2012

Garden Bricks

I really enjoy art for my yard and outside. I bought this brick making kit many years ago that was similar to the "word magnets on the fridge" that everyone had in the 90's. My original thought was once I owned my home, I would hand make a brick walkway and within it - have some great lyrics. I still hope to do this someday but I have yet to commit to a song. In the mean time, I make lyric bricks for the garden.




I mix my own concrete that I buy in 40 lb bags from Home Depot. I use old bookshelves as my smooth base to build the brick on. Its portable that way and I can take the bricks outside to dry in the sun or into the garage to remain damp.






I then use my lettering to make each word. It takes up to 3-4 days to dry and in this cold weather, sometime it took much longer. Once they are dried - I take them outside and paint them with about 3 layers of color.



This is how they look when they are done - such a  nice addition to a garden.

If you would like some for your garden - please check out my etsy site where I sell all different kinds of bricks, including custom bricks. If you have a lyric you need in your world - let me know!


www.etsy.com/shop/LemonLimeLlama

0 comments:

Post a Comment